Monday 25 April 2016

Birthday Greetings



 

I have finally managed to make a card!

We have settled into our new job in Surrey, it is hard work at times, but we have learnt loads, and I can now use the sit on mower, drive a small tractor and trailer to collect bins, and on Sunday I spent the afternoon strimming the grass around the play ground. The first couple of weeks I was so tired at the end of the day I was ready for bed after having tea!  The last thing on my mind was crafting, it was just to much effort to get everything out, and I could only bring limited supplies, due to space in the caravan.  
When I saw the current challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches, I was inspired to have a go and make this CAS card.


I made a card base in soft suede, with a panel of very vanilla , I stamped  two images from the Wetlands set from Stampin Up in soft suede ink, I then sponged some pink and blue ink over the images, added the sentiment and card finished. Very CAS!!


10 comments:

  1. Very CAS but very lovely too! What lovely subtle colours and what a sweet image, I love this card. Sounds like you are settling into your new routine too, all you need now is the better weather! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, gorgeous card! Love the way you used the colors - perfect image choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Gail and congratulations on your new job. Many years ago we use to tour with our little van and stayed on some lovely sites in Surrey, West Horsley being my favourite, whereabouts are you? Both my children have pre 60's vans and love to get away.

    Happy days ahead for you and your husband.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your lovely comment, we are working at a Caravan Club Site called Alderstead Heath near Redhill

      Delete
  4. Perfect CAS card using one of my favourite stamp sets! Glad you're settled into your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail thank you for your lovely comment you left on my card. I have been a bad blogger of late, I hope to do better.
    Your cards are gorgeous, your stamping is brilliant, I am not a stamper!
    I did pick up a few good tips last week when away with crafting friends, we weren't crafting, yet lots of crafting talk. Family gathering was lovely. We don't do it enough. Again thank you for calling in my blog to see what I have been up to! Hazel X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of this CAS card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your beachy scene has me wishing for summertime! It's a fabulous use of the CC&S challenge colors. I'm glad you found the time and energy to make us part of your crafting fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this stamp set too and it's great to get another idea for using it! Thanks for joining us again this week at CC&S and hope you have a great summer. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow! Wetland, why didn't I think of that! It is the perfect image for the challenge colours, makes a dreamy card, I just love it, very CAS too. Thanks for joining in with us at CC&S
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, your comments are much appreciated.

Hugs

Gail xx